Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
(Trim Healthy Mama)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (save oil)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 cup half and half
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- box of Dreamfields penne pasta
- broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons basil (can add more to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (can add more to your taste)
- 1 cup (may use less or more) vegetable broth
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) and saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add sliced chicken breasts, salted on both sides and lightly covered in paprika.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add broccoli florets to pasta as it is cooking. I added mine to the boiling water before pasta, because I prefer my broccoli well done.
- Add half and half and cheese to the chicken and sun-dried skillet and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms. If the sauce is too thick , add vegetable broth to the consistently you want your sauce. Add cooked pasta and broccoli to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of basil, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt and stir to combine…. and serve – YUMMY!
Mushrooms were a side, I cooked them with butter, garlic, white wine vinegar, and lime juice.
No Sugar Added/Low Carb Brownies
These brownies are so similar to regular brownies – it’s mind blowing. I really love these treats. The only carbs you are getting out of this is the oats that I used. I made 22 mini brownies- which would make one brownie only 1g of carbs! Crazy!
- ¾ cup nonfat greek yogurt (I prefer Oikos- Triple Zero – it is sweetened with Stevia)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup Truvia
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- splash of vanilla
Blend all the ingredients together.
I put mine in little cupcake wrappers for a quick snack.
Bake at 400°F for about 15 mins.
Found out that Quest bars have some bars that is sweetened with Stevia. It is Trim Healthy Mama approved and this makes me happy. Some of the flavors are – Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coconut Cashew, Banana Nut Muffin, Lemon Cream Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake.
As I searched for deals, I found that you can get free samples on Quests site.
Request your FREE Quest Bars Samples here – http://www.questnutrition.com/freesample/
I enjoy my dessert recipes that are sugar-free. Makes me feel a little less guilty.
This recipe is super simple and very tasty. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 16oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of sweetner ( I suggest Truvia, Erythinitol, THM Sweetblend, or Stevia – all safer and more natural than aspartame and saccharinan )
- toppings to roll in that are carb-free/sugar-free (nuts and unsweetened coconut is what we prefer in my house)
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the toppings.
- Spoon mixture into toppings and form a ball.
- Put bonbon on wax paper and refrigerate. Chill until firm and enjoy!
This dessert needs to be in the refrigerator at all times until eaten.
Need suggestions where to buy some healthier sweeteners?
Amazon has a deal on Erythinitol here.
I prefer Sweet Blend from THM, it an be purchased here.