Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
(Trim Healthy Mama)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (save oil)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 cup half and half
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- box of Dreamfields penne pasta
- broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons basil (can add more to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (can add more to your taste)
- 1 cup (may use less or more) vegetable broth
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) and saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add sliced chicken breasts, salted on both sides and lightly covered in paprika.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add broccoli florets to pasta as it is cooking. I added mine to the boiling water before pasta, because I prefer my broccoli well done.
- Add half and half and cheese to the chicken and sun-dried skillet and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms. If the sauce is too thick , add vegetable broth to the consistently you want your sauce. Add cooked pasta and broccoli to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of basil, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt and stir to combine…. and serve – YUMMY!
Mushrooms were a side, I cooked them with butter, garlic, white wine vinegar, and lime juice.
No Sugar Added/Low Carb Brownies
These brownies are so similar to regular brownies – it’s mind blowing. I really love these treats. The only carbs you are getting out of this is the oats that I used. I made 22 mini brownies- which would make one brownie only 1g of carbs! Crazy!
- ¾ cup nonfat greek yogurt (I prefer Oikos- Triple Zero – it is sweetened with Stevia)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup Truvia
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- splash of vanilla
Blend all the ingredients together.
I put mine in little cupcake wrappers for a quick snack.
Bake at 400°F for about 15 mins.
This is another one of my husbands favorite. It was perfect for a very cool day in Ohio. We served it with french bread.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can chicken broth*
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots (2 medium)
- 8 ounces fully cooked kielbasa (Polish sausage), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese or coarsely ground pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, melt butter, stir in flour, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Carefully stir in broth.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and kielbasa. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk. Heat and stir until mixture almost comes to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the 3 cups cheese and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with more cheese or pepper, if you like. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Get your FREE shake with a purchase of the Kings Hawaiian BBQ sandwich.
Hubby and I LOVE the shake. Guess we need to try the sandwich too.
Valid only through 10/7/14
I enjoy my dessert recipes that are sugar-free. Makes me feel a little less guilty.
This recipe is super simple and very tasty. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 16oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of sweetner ( I suggest Truvia, Erythinitol, THM Sweetblend, or Stevia – all safer and more natural than aspartame and saccharinan )
- toppings to roll in that are carb-free/sugar-free (nuts and unsweetened coconut is what we prefer in my house)
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the toppings.
- Spoon mixture into toppings and form a ball.
- Put bonbon on wax paper and refrigerate. Chill until firm and enjoy!
This dessert needs to be in the refrigerator at all times until eaten.
Need suggestions where to buy some healthier sweeteners?
Amazon has a deal on Erythinitol here.
I prefer Sweet Blend from THM, it an be purchased here.
These are a favorite in my family. Super easy and very little ingredients. My step-mom shared this recipe with me and over time I have tweaked it and made it my own. One thing I will say before I get into the recipe…this is comfort food. There is nothing healthy about this recipe, but maybe the fat free cream cheese I use. I think this is a good fall food and crowd pleaser for sporting events and parties.
- Crescent Rolls -2 or 3 (each roll will make 4 packets)
- Chicken breasts (4 halves)
- Cream cheese – 8oz
- Parmesean Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- Seasonings such as Dried Italian (I use Spinach and Herb from Tastefully Simple)
1. Preheat oven to crescent roll instructions
2.Cut chicken into small cubes. Fully cook the chicken in olive oil and pepper to taste
3.Add Cream Cheese and seasonings to taste. I suggest putting a lid on top of your pan and letting the cream cheese get warm. This will help you mix your seasonings and cream cheese with your chicken.
3. Melt butter in separate bowl.
4. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and more seasonings in a separate bowl.
5. Take 2 triangles of the crescent rolls and make into a rectangle/square and scoop a spoon full of your chicken cream cheese mix on to it.
6. Fold in half and pinch sides.
7. Roll in butter and bread crumbs.
8. Bake per the crescent rolls instructions until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
Makes About 8 servings. (Double up for bigger parties)