Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
(Trim Healthy Mama)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (save oil)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 cup half and half
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- box of Dreamfields penne pasta
- broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons basil (can add more to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (can add more to your taste)
- 1 cup (may use less or more) vegetable broth
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) and saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add sliced chicken breasts, salted on both sides and lightly covered in paprika.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add broccoli florets to pasta as it is cooking. I added mine to the boiling water before pasta, because I prefer my broccoli well done.
- Add half and half and cheese to the chicken and sun-dried skillet and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms. If the sauce is too thick , add vegetable broth to the consistently you want your sauce. Add cooked pasta and broccoli to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of basil, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt and stir to combine…. and serve – YUMMY!
Mushrooms were a side, I cooked them with butter, garlic, white wine vinegar, and lime juice.