Here is a crock-pot recipe we enjoy during the fall season, it is super easy to make and delicious.
You can add more veggies and spices to your liking. We are simple in my household, so we keep ingredients to a minimum.
2 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
1 jar of salsa (whatever hotness you prefer ( blend mine first – I don’t like chunky salsa)
1 can corn (undrained)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 t. cumin
1 t. onion powder
1/2 pk taco seasoning
1 pkg cream cheese
Put the chicken in the crock pot.
Top with the salsa, corn, the drained and rinsed beans, cumin, onion and chili powders, stir to combine then top with the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring one or twice to blend in the cheese.
Shred the chicken into pieces and serve over tortilla chips, rice.. or in a tortilla. I prefer blue chips.
This is another one of my husbands favorite. It was perfect for a very cool day in Ohio. We served it with french bread.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can chicken broth*
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots (2 medium)
- 8 ounces fully cooked kielbasa (Polish sausage), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese or coarsely ground pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, melt butter, stir in flour, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Carefully stir in broth.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and kielbasa. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk. Heat and stir until mixture almost comes to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the 3 cups cheese and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with more cheese or pepper, if you like. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Get your FREE shake with a purchase of the Kings Hawaiian BBQ sandwich.
Hubby and I LOVE the shake. Guess we need to try the sandwich too.
Valid only through 10/7/14