Being a mother of three, I don’t get to spend much on beauty items for myself. I love makeup and love it when I can snag deals on high quality beauty products. A friend had told me about BoxyCharm, it’s a monthly subscription for $21 and each box you get around or over $100 worth products. You are sent 5 full size items, all are expensive and high quality products. I have received two boxes from BoxyCharm and I have not been disappointed.
On top of getting great products, you can also earn points to purchase more products by reviewing the products sent (you can earn 50 points each product reviewed), you get 450 points every 3 months your subscribed, and referrals.
Here are the first two boxes I received.
OFRA Bronzer @$35 retail
Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen @$22 retail
ModelCO Cheek & Lip Tint @$22 retail
Morphe Powder Brush @$19.99 retail
OFRA Eyeliner in black @$13 retail
All the products were top notch in this box. I wasn’t too impressed with the stain – I think the stain could of been a little more distinguished after you put it on.
Hello by Harvey Prince Spray Perfume @ $29
Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Gloss @ $19 retail
NCLA Nail Lacquer @ $16 retail
Coastal Scents Go Palette @12.95 Retail
Tarina Tarantino Fleur de Lash Mascara @ $19 retail
LOVE this box!!! Anytime mascara is involved -I am a happy gal!
I think the perfume and mascara were my favorite this month.
You can subscribe to BoxyCharm here – https://www.boxycharm.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/12591/
I doubt you will be disappointed if you subscribed to these boxes.
Groupon is offering 15%off local deals today (code LOCAL15 – this code is good for any local deals too).
The Columbus Italian festival is coming up October 10th-12th. You can grab 2 tickets for $4.50 or 4 tickets for $8.50 with this deal. Kids under 12 are free. This is a cheap and fun activity to do.
Groupon deal- Italian Festival
New to Groupon? Sigh up for your free account here.
I enjoy my dessert recipes that are sugar-free. Makes me feel a little less guilty.
This recipe is super simple and very tasty. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 16oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of sweetner ( I suggest Truvia, Erythinitol, THM Sweetblend, or Stevia – all safer and more natural than aspartame and saccharinan )
- toppings to roll in that are carb-free/sugar-free (nuts and unsweetened coconut is what we prefer in my house)
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the toppings.
- Spoon mixture into toppings and form a ball.
- Put bonbon on wax paper and refrigerate. Chill until firm and enjoy!
This dessert needs to be in the refrigerator at all times until eaten.
Need suggestions where to buy some healthier sweeteners?
Amazon has a deal on Erythinitol here.
I prefer Sweet Blend from THM, it an be purchased here.
These are a favorite in my family. Super easy and very little ingredients. My step-mom shared this recipe with me and over time I have tweaked it and made it my own. One thing I will say before I get into the recipe…this is comfort food. There is nothing healthy about this recipe, but maybe the fat free cream cheese I use. I think this is a good fall food and crowd pleaser for sporting events and parties.
- Crescent Rolls -2 or 3 (each roll will make 4 packets)
- Chicken breasts (4 halves)
- Cream cheese – 8oz
- Parmesean Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- Seasonings such as Dried Italian (I use Spinach and Herb from Tastefully Simple)
1. Preheat oven to crescent roll instructions
2.Cut chicken into small cubes. Fully cook the chicken in olive oil and pepper to taste
3.Add Cream Cheese and seasonings to taste. I suggest putting a lid on top of your pan and letting the cream cheese get warm. This will help you mix your seasonings and cream cheese with your chicken.
3. Melt butter in separate bowl.
4. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and more seasonings in a separate bowl.
5. Take 2 triangles of the crescent rolls and make into a rectangle/square and scoop a spoon full of your chicken cream cheese mix on to it.
6. Fold in half and pinch sides.
7. Roll in butter and bread crumbs.
8. Bake per the crescent rolls instructions until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
Makes About 8 servings. (Double up for bigger parties)
One of our favorite ways to save is through Amazon-Subscribe & Save. I don’t feel like a lot of people know about the program and are missing out. Subscribe & Save is like a monthly purchasing program, but you have the power to add/subtract items every month. You are not obligated to use the program each month.
Every month we choose items like pull-ups, diaper wipes, cleaning supplies, snacks, vitamins/supplements and personal care items. The items you select throughout the month is shipped to you at the beginning of the following month. The one thing I had to remember is that the payment comes out of your account right before your items are shipped. Sometimes I have forgotten to account for those things. Now I just make myself a monthly reminder to add the total up and deduct it from my account. Amazon will allow you to clip their online coupons on top of the savings they give you for subscribing.
I tried to share what my current cart looks like. I still have to add three more items to get my 20% off discount, but I have until September 25th to do so. You can see the expected payment date and the delivery time (I have experienced mine always coming sooner, normally a couple days after payment). You also can can cancel the subscriptions at any time. I cancel all mine monthly after they have arrived to my home. You are not guaranteed the same price as you paid the previous month. I like to cancel, shop around, clip online coupons, and save some more each month. I never get the same items each month.
- Save up to 15% on your entire order when you receive 5 or more subscriptions on your monthly delivery day
- We get 20% off of 5 items (due to having Amazon Mom/Prime)
- Receive free shipping on every Subscribe & Save shipment
- Cancel at any time – there are no commitments, obligations, or fees
- No upfront charges – pay only when the item is shipped