Chicken and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
(Trim Healthy Mama)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained (save oil)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 cup half and half
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- box of Dreamfields penne pasta
- broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons basil (can add more to your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (can add more to your taste)
- 1 cup (may use less or more) vegetable broth
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar. Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) and saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add sliced chicken breasts, salted on both sides and lightly covered in paprika.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Add broccoli florets to pasta as it is cooking. I added mine to the boiling water before pasta, because I prefer my broccoli well done.
- Add half and half and cheese to the chicken and sun-dried skillet and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts and creamy sauce forms. If the sauce is too thick , add vegetable broth to the consistently you want your sauce. Add cooked pasta and broccoli to the skillet with the creamy sauce, and stir to combine. Add 2 tablespoons of basil, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, salt and stir to combine…. and serve – YUMMY!
Mushrooms were a side, I cooked them with butter, garlic, white wine vinegar, and lime juice.
No Sugar Added/Low Carb Brownies
These brownies are so similar to regular brownies – it’s mind blowing. I really love these treats. The only carbs you are getting out of this is the oats that I used. I made 22 mini brownies- which would make one brownie only 1g of carbs! Crazy!
- ¾ cup nonfat greek yogurt (I prefer Oikos- Triple Zero – it is sweetened with Stevia)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup Truvia
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- splash of vanilla
Blend all the ingredients together.
I put mine in little cupcake wrappers for a quick snack.
Bake at 400°F for about 15 mins.
Found out that Quest bars have some bars that is sweetened with Stevia. It is Trim Healthy Mama approved and this makes me happy. Some of the flavors are – Cinnamon Roll, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coconut Cashew, Banana Nut Muffin, Lemon Cream Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake.
As I searched for deals, I found that you can get free samples on Quests site.
Request your FREE Quest Bars Samples here – http://www.questnutrition.com/freesample/
February Ipsy Bag
This is my first month of subscribing to Ipsy and boy did I hit the mother-load. I can not complain with this bag at all – especially when the subscription is $10. Each month you will get 4-5 products AND a bag to go with it. You also can also review products and earn points on items they have available in their Ipsy store.
This month had the theme #ipsyLove and it came with a cute valentines theme. Let’s start with my favorite product – Glam Glow. These are normally $70 for a pack of 12 and in my Ipsy bag – I got two! That paid for the bag already. The under eye treatments have two pods – one meant for each eye. I found that one pod is enough for both eyes and this means I am getting 4 treatments out of this. Glam Glow is all the rage right now and I am excited to give these a try. The Cargo lippie – I was leery about the color, but it’s perfect with a nude lip liner. The Blush and brush was very nice, perfect color and the brush was so soft. The NYX Liner I received was silver- I remember wearing silver liner in the 90s. I will have to look up to wear it 20 years later (wow – I am getting old). Overall – this was a fantastic bag! I will be definitely trying out another month on Ipsy.
To try out Ipsy – go here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1fgzq?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general
When signing up – don’t freak out about the wait list. You have three steps to follow to get of the wait list – I was able to get off the wait list the same day.
I have been a subscriber to Birchbox for a few months and each month I have been super pleased with it. The box cost $10, but you are able to earn $5-6 back each month to use in their shop. I have purchased some wonderful products using my Birchbox rewards. They have top notch customer service and beats all the ones out there.
This month I received a Derma – E facial scrub sample. I love the smell and the scrub was nice. I am able to get possibly 4-5 uses out of this sample. The Not Soap Radio Sample, smells great, but I was disappointed in the fact it did not lather up well. I have continued to use it and will get about 4 uses out of this sample. The Sumita eyeliner is wonderful, glides on real smooth. I have received two different Sumita liners (navy and olive green) and have been pleased with this line over all. I am always excited to receive dry shampoo. Fekkai was in this box and one of my favorite hair care product lines. I got a deluxe sample of this and will be able to use several times. Lippies are always great and this month they sent me theBalm. I was partial to theBalm, not super excited about, the color wasn’t right, but those are the chances you get with these boxes. I will more than likely sanitize and pass it on a cousin or sibling.
To subscribe to Birchbox – go here https://www.birchbox.com/invite/xs9nk.
Use promo code BBJETBLUE10 – to get 100 points ($10) when you sign up using the link above.
Here is a crock-pot recipe we enjoy during the fall season, it is super easy to make and delicious.
You can add more veggies and spices to your liking. We are simple in my household, so we keep ingredients to a minimum.
2 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
1 jar of salsa (whatever hotness you prefer ( blend mine first – I don’t like chunky salsa)
1 can corn (undrained)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 t. cumin
1 t. onion powder
1/2 pk taco seasoning
1 pkg cream cheese
Put the chicken in the crock pot.
Top with the salsa, corn, the drained and rinsed beans, cumin, onion and chili powders, stir to combine then top with the cream cheese.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring one or twice to blend in the cheese.
Shred the chicken into pieces and serve over tortilla chips, rice.. or in a tortilla. I prefer blue chips.
This is another one of my husbands favorite. It was perfect for a very cool day in Ohio. We served it with french bread.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 14 1/2 – ounce can chicken broth*
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots (2 medium)
- 8 ounces fully cooked kielbasa (Polish sausage), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese or coarsely ground pepper (optional)
- In a large pot, melt butter, stir in flour, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Carefully stir in broth.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and kielbasa. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk. Heat and stir until mixture almost comes to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the 3 cups cheese and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with more cheese or pepper, if you like. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Get your FREE shake with a purchase of the Kings Hawaiian BBQ sandwich.
Hubby and I LOVE the shake. Guess we need to try the sandwich too.
Valid only through 10/7/14
Being a mother of three, I don’t get to spend much on beauty items for myself. I love makeup and love it when I can snag deals on high quality beauty products. A friend had told me about BoxyCharm, it’s a monthly subscription for $21 and each box you get around or over $100 worth products. You are sent 5 full size items, all are expensive and high quality products. I have received two boxes from BoxyCharm and I have not been disappointed.
On top of getting great products, you can also earn points to purchase more products by reviewing the products sent (you can earn 50 points each product reviewed), you get 450 points every 3 months your subscribed, and referrals.
Here are the first two boxes I received.
OFRA Bronzer @$35 retail
Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen @$22 retail
ModelCO Cheek & Lip Tint @$22 retail
Morphe Powder Brush @$19.99 retail
OFRA Eyeliner in black @$13 retail
All the products were top notch in this box. I wasn’t too impressed with the stain – I think the stain could of been a little more distinguished after you put it on.
Hello by Harvey Prince Spray Perfume @ $29
Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Gloss @ $19 retail
NCLA Nail Lacquer @ $16 retail
Coastal Scents Go Palette @12.95 Retail
Tarina Tarantino Fleur de Lash Mascara @ $19 retail
LOVE this box!!! Anytime mascara is involved -I am a happy gal!
I think the perfume and mascara were my favorite this month.
You can subscribe to BoxyCharm here – https://www.boxycharm.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/12591/
I doubt you will be disappointed if you subscribed to these boxes.
Groupon is offering 15%off local deals today (code LOCAL15 – this code is good for any local deals too).
The Columbus Italian festival is coming up October 10th-12th. You can grab 2 tickets for $4.50 or 4 tickets for $8.50 with this deal. Kids under 12 are free. This is a cheap and fun activity to do.
Groupon deal- Italian Festival
New to Groupon? Sigh up for your free account here.